Daleville motel fire caused woman’s death
by IPR News
December 29, 2010
Police in Daleville say a November motel fire is the cause of death for a woman found inside one of the burned rooms. Daleville Police Chief James King says an autopsy showed 22-year-old Heather Musick had carbon monoxide in her blood when she died. This means she was still breathing when the fire broke out. The police now have to determine whether the fire at the motel near Interstate 69 was accidental or intentionally set. King tells the Star Press that the State Fire Marshal’s office is continuing to investigate.