Rollover Your IRA to Support IPR
The IRA Charitable Rollover is an excellent opportunity for you to support Indiana Public Radio – and save taxes too! This is a time-limited charitable giving opportunity that expires on December 31, 2013.
Here is how it works:
- The IRA Charitable Rollover permits donors age 70 ½ and older to make tax-free charitable gifts to Ball State directly from their IRAs. Because the rollover is tax-free it does not also count as a tax deduction.
- The rollover may be credited toward your required minimum distribution amount.
- IRA Charitable Rollover gifts made by December 31, 2013 may be counted for the 2013 tax year.
- The rollover must either be a wire transfer directly from your IRA to the Ball State University Foundation or a check payable to the foundation from your IRA. (Please contact Phil Purcell for delivery instructions.)
- IRA Charitable Rollover gifts cannot exceed $100,000 for a given tax year. Since IRAs are separately owned, a husband and wife can each transfer up to $100,000 per year from his/her respective IRA.
- Rollover gifts cannot be used to establish life income gifts such as charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts.
Please consult with your financial or tax advisors before making your decision and to assist with reporting a rollover on your tax return.
You and your advisors are encouraged to contact Ball State University Foundation staff member Phil Purcell, JD, at email@example.com, 765-285-7070, or 888-235-0058, with questions and for rollover delivery instructions.
For more information contact Genet Soule, IPR membership development coordinator, (765) 285-9075 or 800-646-1812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.