The Visiting Practitioners Program seeks to build collaborative partnerships between local industry leaders and academia and enrich the student experience through the sharing of knowledge, skills, and perspectives. A unique aspect of this program is our desire to engage with younger alumni employed within the state of Indiana.
Responsibilities a Visiting Practitioner
- Volunteer for a half/full-day session geared towards engagement of current faculty and students regarding industry trends, new technology, and current issues within your given field.
- Participate in classroom conversations regarding your professional journey and personal experiences.
- Facilitate Q&A sessions with undergraduate students, highlighting tips/preparation for students entering the work force; critical thinking; interpersonal and business social skills; networking, etc.
- Practitioners can be of any level of leadership; entry-to mid-level manager and directors welcome.
Past Visiting Practitioners
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Credit Suisse
- Keihin North America, Inc.
- Angie’s List
- Bluebridge Digital
- Indy Eleven Professional Soccer
- Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (IBMV)
- Interactive Intelligence
- Huntington Bank
- Sweetwater Sound, Inc.
- Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- Indianapolis Airport Authority