As a doctoral student at Ball State, you’ll need to work through and complete the following steps to earn your degree:
- have a doctoral committee appointed and obtain an approved program of study
- satisfy advancement criteria for each stage of study
- pass all comprehensive exams
- be admitted for candidacy for your degree
- complete your dissertation
- prepare your final dissertation defense
For more detailed information about this process and each of the steps, consult our graduate catalog.
The end of dissertation completion is degree conferral. You’ll need to file an application for graduation with the Graduate School no later than the first four weeks of the last semester before graduation. You can submit this application online.