Get Credit for Your Work Experience


Are you an admitted student who has work experience, informal study, or other learning experiences believed to be the equivalent of college work? If so, you may have this experience evaluated by a university department for possible credit.

How to Apply

Contact the appropriate department and obtain an Application and Certification for Credit by Departmental Examination, Authorization, and Related Field Experience. A $30 fee may apply.


Ball State may grant you course credit if the appropriate departmental authorization is granted.

The department will determine the courses you can apply credit to. You might need to provide supporting credentials or take an oral exam.

You will not receive a grade for departmental authorization credit.