November 5, 2022 6:30 p.m.End:
November 5, 2022 8 p.m.
The Charles W. Brown Planetarium presents the 3rd Annual Astronomy SLAM! Just 10 minutes a person – that is all the time Ball State students will get to share a piece of our universe with you in the Brown Planetarium. During this event, students will use planetarium visuals to help them present in the most creative way they can while competing for the title of Astronomy Slam Champion! This year's presenters are: Caleb Whitcomb, Madeline Shepley, Kyree Standifer, and Kenya Cole.
Tickets are $4 per person, and registration is required. Purchase tickets online only at https://commerce.cashnet.com/BALL_EMS114
- Runtime: Approximately 90 minutes total.
- A reception with light refreshments will be held immediately after dome presentations.
- Intended Audience: All ages 10 and up, but all are welcome!
- Due to construction being done on the Cooper Science Complex, select parking and pathway access to the planetarium is blocked off. Plan to arrive early to safely navigate the area and arrive on time for the program. Visit our location and transportation webpage for up-to-date information.
- Masks are not currently required inside the Brown Planetarium and other Ball State buildings. For the safety of our guests and employees, please do not enter the planetarium if you have or recently had COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Reservations are required for this special experience. Still, plan to arrive early as seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We do our best to have doors open 30 minutes before show time.
- We accept cash donations at the door and greatly appreciate your support to make our programs possible.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not allowed in the planetarium.
- Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be silenced or turned off at the start of all programs. Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
- Children 17 years and under should be accompanied by an adult.
- The planetarium is located on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, at 2111 W. Riverside Ave., Muncie. Due to construction being done on the Cooper Science Complex, you must enter through the planetarium’s southwest entrance.
For directions and parking information, as well as general policies, please visit the Charles W. Brown Planetarium website.