September 27, 2020 3 p.m.End:
September 27, 2020 4:30 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
Damin Spritzer is assistant professor of organ at the University of Oklahoma. Her performances have spanned several continents with many historic churches and instruments. Her fifth commercial organ CD for Raven was recorded earlier this year at Hereford Cathedral in England, where she was the first American and the first woman to make a solo organ recording on the historic Fr. Willis organ.
Learn more about Dr. Spritzer. She will also present a master class on Monday, September 28 from 9 to 11 a.m. in Sursa Hall.
This concert is supported by the Thomas and Beatrice Mertens Organ Fund as part of the Mertens Organ Series.
Program to include works by Charles Tournemire, J. S. Bach, Herbert Howells, Mary Howe, and Pierre Kunc.
This recital is free and open to the public.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. Parking is free on weekends.
This recital will also be offered as a livestream - visit the Concert Livestream Page for more information. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons and guests back to campus! We have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Visitor Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are required inside campus buildings at all times. This includes School of Music performances at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.
- Please maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people at all times.
- Please follow all ushers’ directions regarding entering and exiting performances. Only select seats will be available in Sursa Hall (marked with red dots) and chairs in Hahn Hall will be appropriately distanced. We ask that you please remain seated throughout the performance to ensure that physical distancing is possible at all times.