November 4, 2020 7:30 p.m.End:
November 4, 2020 9 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
The Ball State New Music Ensemble is dedicated to performing chamber and solo music of the past thirty years, along with classics of the earlier 20th-century. It features a diversity of musical styles from all over the globe, as well as new works by faculty and student composers at Ball State. The ensemble is under the direction of Amelia Kaplan, associate professor of music composition.
The Student Composers' Forum features creative and innovative musical compositions written by undergraduate and graduate Ball State University composers. Learn more about the Ball State composition faculty who mentor these students.
DOWNLOAD PROGRAM (PDF)
This event is free and open to the public.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. Metered parking ($1/hr) is available on the first floor of the garage until 7 p.m. at which time parking is free.
This concert will also be offered as a livestream - visit the Concert Livestream Page to watch live. Streaming begins approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled concert start time.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons and guests back to campus! We have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Visitor Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are required inside campus buildings at all times. This includes School of Music performances at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.
- Please maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people at all times.
- Please follow all ushers’ directions regarding entering and exiting performances. Only select seats will be available in Sursa Hall (marked with red dots) and chairs in Hahn Hall will be appropriately distanced. We ask that you please remain seated throughout the performance to ensure that physical distancing is possible at all times.