October 18, 2021 7:30 p.m.End:
October 18, 2021 9 p.m.Location: Sursa Performance Hall
School of Music
Internationally known and acclaimed violinist Benny Kim has performed as soloist with the orchestras of Chicago, Boston, Saint Louis, Cincinnati, Hong Kong, and South Africa to name a few. In recital, he has performed in virtually every major city including two critically acclaimed recitals at the 92nd St. Y in New York and the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. He has collaborated with many of today's leading artists including Pinchas Zukerman, Lynn Harrell, Jaime Laredo, Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg, and Ida Kavafian. With Ms. Salerno-Sonnenberg he appears on two recordings for EMI, Bella Italia and Night and Day. He was a winner of the 1983 Young Concert Artists International Auditions and received his bachelor's and master's degrees from the Juilliard School. Mr. Kim has given countless masterclasses around the world and has been on the UMKC Conservatory faculty since 1995.
Learn more about guest artist Benny Kim.
Mr. Kim will also present a master class at Noon on Monday, October 18 in Sursa Hall.
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM (PDF)
Benny Kim will perform two string quartets with Ball State string faculty members Yu-Fang Chen (violin), Zoran Jakovcic (viola), and Peter Opie (cello).
- Joseph Haydn - String Quartet in E-flat Major, Op. 20, No. 1
- Ludwig van Beethoven - String Quartet No. 11 in F minor, Op. 95, "Serioso"
This event is free and open to the public.
Parking is available in the McKinley Parking Garage (entrance on Ashland Avenue) located immediately south of Sursa Hall. On weekdays, metered parking ($1/hr) is available on the first floor of the garage until 7 p.m. at which time parking is free. This garage is free on weekends.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We look forward to welcoming our patrons and guests to campus! We have a number of policies in place to ensure this can be done safely.
- Please visit Ball State’s COVID-19 Information page for current information and any updates regarding campus visitors.
- If a visitor exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they should NOT attend events or otherwise enter campus buildings and grounds.
- Face masks are currently required inside campus buildings at all times regardless of vaccination status. This includes School of Music performances at Sursa Hall and Hahn Hall. Learn more.