September 19, 2023 6 p.m.End:
September 19, 2023 7:30 p.m.
Ball State University will hold a grand opening for the Brown Family Amphitheater—a new outdoor performance and gathering space on campus that the entire community can enjoy. Located between Park and Pruis halls and between Noyer and Woodworth complexes, this grand lawn venue is an impressive performance facility for artists and audiences.
Following the ribbon-cutting ceremony will be a free jazz concert featuring the Ball State Jazz Ensemble with vocalist and Ball State graduate Tatum Langley, ’21.
Schedule of Events
- 6 p.m.—Food trucks open
- 6-6:30 p.m.—Backstage tours
- 7 p.m.—Ribbon-cutting ceremony
- 7:30 p.m.—Jazz concert
Parking, Food, and Seating
- Free parking will be available in the New York Parking Garage.
- Dinner can be ordered from the food trucks, and sweet treats will be available in the Hershey's Ice Cream Shop in the nearby Multicultural Center.
- Please bring your lawn chair or a blanket.
For additional details about the grand opening and jazz concert read the announcement.
The Brown Family Amphitheater is named in honor of Charles W. Brown, a 1971 Ball State graduate and longtime University supporter.