March 20, 2021 10 a.m.End:
March 20, 2021 3 p.m.Location: Dr. Joe and Alice Rinard Orchid GreenhouseRegister
The Ball State University Wheeler-Thanhauser Orchid Collection has been a mecca of orchid diversity for 50 years! Started in 1970, the collection highlights orchids from all around the world, education and conservation.
Presented by The Three Rivers Orchid Society, the Central Indiana Orchid Society and Friends of the Rinard Orchid Greenhouse, the program includes:
- Mr. Courtney Hackney will present “Orchid Triage-How to Save Your Dying Orchid”. Courtney is a longtime expert grower and hybridizer, especially of Cattleyas.
- A live presentation, “Growing Orchids Under Lights and Equipment to Consider”.
- A live video tour of The Wheeler-Thanhauser Orchid Collection and Species Bank at Ball State University hosted by its Curator, Cheryl LeBlanc. The tour will highlight the 50 year history of the collection, species diversity and the Rinard Orchid Greenhouse as a great destination! Q&A available.
- You can choose from a list of other linkable cultural programs and tours that will be available for you to enjoy.
The event will take place via Zoom. Information for joining the Zoom meeting will be provided at registration.
Deadline to register is March 17, 2021
To register visit the Central Indiana Orchid Society website.
- Individuals: $5
- Orchid/Botanical Societies: $50 (Purchase allows all active members)