We hope you’ve had a wonderful semester break and you’re ready to jump into an exciting spring semester at Ball State.
All of the information you need to prepare to move in can be found below.
COVID-19 Testing Requirement
students must be tested for COVID-19 and provide a test result to the
University. A student is exempt from uploading a test if a student has tested positive within the 90-day timeframe and notified BSU in the submission portal. The test must be administered within seven days of arriving on campus
in January. The submission portal opens
on January 8 on the Ball State Website. After obtaining
test results, students must upload an image of the test result to the
University designated confidential testing result portal. Students will not be allowed to move into their residence hall if the results have not submitted.
COVID-19 Testing Requirement Housing Application Portal
Similar to Fall 2020 move-in, we are asking individuals to choose a timeslot to return to campus from January 15 –January 18. This process is designed to manage crowds for a safer move-in process. The portal to choose an appointment is now open. This will allow us to de-densify lobbies and elevators as students return to campus.
sign-up for a move-in appointment for your residence hall:
- Go to the Housing Portal
- Log in with the BSU username and
- Click on "Spring 2021
- Click "SELECT" on your
Spring 2021 booking
- Select a move-in appointment
- Click “SAVE & CONTINUE”
Once you have
completed the steps above, you will be able to access the Appointment
Status page which will detail when you should schedule your COVID test with
your local provider. All students must provide a negative test result.
Please keep in
mind that the selected move-in date determines when you should take the COVID-19 test. The test
must be administered within 7 days of your appointment date. For example,
if you book an appointment to move in on January 15, your test must be
administered on January 8 or after to be considered valid.
Move-In Day Policies
1. Masks will be required in all of our residence halls. This applies to the student and any person who helps. People without a mask will not be permitted into the halls.
2. Each student will be assigned a specific time to return to campus. Students may arrive at a later time, but they are not permitted to arrive before their scheduled time.
3. Students will need to officially check-in when they arrive on campus to stay. Instructions to check-in to their hall will be posted on the door to their room. Checking-in will give the students card access to the hall and restrooms.
4. Students will be permitted to bring no more than 2 people to assist. This will help reduce the number of people within our halls at any given time.
Students are also asked to read and follow the Cardinal Care Pledge while they are on campus.
If you have questions about the item drop-off or move-in process, please reach out to us at 765-285-8000 or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you back on campus soon!