We hope you’ve had a wonderful summer and you’re ready to jump into an exciting year at Ball State.
All of the information you need to prepare to move in can be found below.
COVID-19 Testing Requirement
Students must present a negative COVID-19 test result obtained within seven (7) days before arriving on campus (find testing sites); or present a self-certification attesting to a 14-day self-quarantine (with daily symptom checking) prior to returning to campus. Students can submit either of the options in our Housing Application Portal. Students will not be allowed to move into their residence hall if they have not submitted one of these two options.
COVID-19 Testing Requirement Housing Application Portal
To help enhance your safety by reducing the density of people utilizing hall entrances and elevators at any one time, we will be offering an alternative move-in process for this upcoming fall semester. This process will look different than previous years and will provide additional safety for students and family members helping with the move-in process.
The move-in process will be divided into two different parts: Item Drop-off and Student Move-In. The Drop appointment (just bringing belongings, picking up your room key and then going back home) is the first step, and then Move-in where you are coming to campus to stay per the contract dates is the second step.
Starting on August 19, premium plan students will be allowed to return to campus and live within their residence hall room. Standard plan students will be permitted to return to campus on August 20. We ask that students consider coming back to campus on August 21-23 to help reduce the density of people utilizing hall entrances and elevators at any one time, as we will have students completing the entire move-in process on August 19 and 20.
Move in times are as follows:
9AM - 11 AM - Last names A-F
11AM - 1PM - Last names G-L
1PM - 3PM - Last names M-Q
3PM - 5PM - Last names R-Z
You do not need an appointment for the move-in process. If you are unable to arrive at the recommended time, please consider moving in on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
During this time, students and families are expected to follow these policies:
1. Masks will be required in all of our residence halls. This applies to the student and any person who helps. People without a mask will not be permitted into the halls.
2. Each student will be assigned a specific time to return to campus. Students may arrive at a later time, but they are not permitted to arrive before their scheduled time.
3. Students will need to officially check-in when they arrive on campus to stay. Instructions to check-in to their hall will be posted on the door to their room. Checking-in will give the students card access to the hall and restrooms.
4. Students will be permitted to bring no more than 2 people to assist. This will help reduce the number of people within our halls at any given time.
5. Students need to bring their key back to campus from the item drop-off period. Students who do not bring their key back will be charged for a recore.
Students are also asked to read and follow the Cardinal Care Pledge while they are on campus.
If you have questions about the item drop-off or move-in process, please reach out to us at 765-285-8000 or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in August!