Edwin "Ed" D. Shipley Alumni Association Fellowship Scholarship
Shipley Fellows in the Ball State University Foundation support the Office of Alumni Engagement and the Ball State University Alumni Association in their mission to build pride and commitment to Ball State, serve graduates near and far, and uphold lifelong connections with alumni and our alma mater. Up to two Shipley Fellow Scholarships are awarded annually, with the option to renew if mutually agreed upon. These students work for Foundation Alumni Engagement staff whose job is to keep the passion for Ball State alive and help alumni stay connected, engaged, and remain loyal Cardinals for life.
The Shipley Fellows opportunity offers the student(s) an experience in a professional environment, exposure to alumni programs and leaders, and experience in working in a database CRM. The fellowship is an up to full tuition opportunity; and, in some cases, summer tuition covering a maximum of six credit hours may be offered. If the fellow has the President Scholarship (or an equivalent tuition-only award), the benefit will pay the tuition balance after the existing scholarship(s) has been applied. A fellow with no other award receives a full tuition award. Tuition and expenses to attend one professional experience such as a Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) conference will be included, if available. The fellow is required to provide up to 20 hours of project support in the office of Alumni Engagement each week. An hourly wage of $8.00 an hour will be provided in addition to the tuition scholarship. Some weekend and evening activity may be required as part of the programs supported by the fellow.
- Is an Indiana resident.
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for renewal opportunity per semester.
- Undergraduate applicants will have junior or senior standing by the start of the fall semester and graduate applicants must be accepted into a Ball State Master’s program to be eligible.
- Has been actively engaged on Ball State’s campus. Has demonstrated leadership in classrooms and extracurricular activities. Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively and interact well with a diverse group of students, staff, faculty and alumni at all levels. Will be a long-term advocate for Ball State University and alumni.
- Preference will be given to those with marketing and graphics design skills; and students with majors in marketing, public relations, business and hospitality and food management or similar field.
- This opportunity may be especially advantageous for students with interest in event planning, engagement and relationship building or fundraising.
- Fellows recipients will be assigned a broad range of projects and tasks throughout the year. They will work as team members with the Alumni Engagement staff.
- Project based assignments will be dependent on major, interest level and experience.
- Some evening and weekend activity will be required.
- Attend selected major Ball State alumni events, such as Day of Beneficence, Homecoming, etc.
- Will participate in an evaluation process by October 1 to mutually determine scholarship renewal for the spring semester.
Application and Selection Process
Complete the online application, including a copy of your resume and a statement of professional goals. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is March 18, 2022.
- Provide an unofficial university transcript (from Banner/My BSU).
- The Shipley Fellowship Scholarship Committee, comprised of Alumni Engagement staff and representative(s) of the Alumni Council, will select the Shipley Fellows based on application data and a personal interview.