The purpose of the Council shall be to stimulate the interest of all black alums and issues related to black students. The Black Alumni Council seeks to further the educational, professional, and social interests of black students, individually and collectively, by:
Senior Director of Alumni Engagement
Stephon Jones, '85
Black Alumni Council President
- Increasing the engagement and encouraging fellowship, mentorship, and networking among the black alums, students, faculty, and staff at the University.
- Creating networking opportunities, both socially and professionally, for black alums.
- Establishing an informational forum through which information-specific communication regarding campus minority programming and activities for black alums, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the BAC can be disseminated.
- Encouraging unified regard among black alums for the total scope of opportunities offered at the University.
- Enabling black alums to engage with current and prospective black students and support these students through the University.
- Promoting a positive environment that reflects and enhances the values of a multicultural and multiethnic society.
Support the Future of BAC Programs
When you give to the Black Alumni Council (BAC), you make it possible to offer scholarships to current students, host events around the country, and promote outreach by connecting alumni and friends around the globe—Cardinals helping Cardinals. Your generous gift has an immeasurable impact on students and fellow alumni.
Fund #408 Black Alumni Council
The purpose of this fund is to support Black Alumni Council programs and activities, which benefit all black alumni. BAC’s mission includes engaging alumni by providing social and informative events, facilitating black student mentoring programs, and encouraging gifts to support scholarships for black students.
Fund #461 Black Alumni Council Scholarship
The Black Alumni Council created this fund to provide scholarships to African-American students currently enrolled who are sophomores, juniors, or seniors with a GPA of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. Award recipients can receive the award for more than one year, but may reapply annually.
Fund #462 Black Alumni Council Book Scholarship
Created by the Black Alumni Council, this fund provides book scholarships to black sophomore, junior, or senior students who are currently enrolled. Awards are based on greatest need.
How to Give
Click HERE to support the Black Alumni Council.
If you have questions about giving to Ball State, call 765-285-8316 or email email@example.com.