Getting started on the right foot is more than an old adage. It's the key to a successful college and professional career. Our students understand that employers want to hire people who show up with experience, confidence, and professional skills. And with the help of our tools and resources, Ball State students experience higher retention rates, higher job placement rates, and higher employer-satisfaction rates than their peers at other universities.
Whether you're ready to invest in your career or recruit your next top-performing employee, we're always here to help. Learn more.
Wondering which careers or majors appeal to you? Consider this scientifically backed tool. Learn more.
How can you choose a major with confidence? Explore our career tools to find out. Learn more.
We call it some of our best advice on topics like networking, resumes, interviewing, and job search. Learn more.
How Do We Know Our Programs Work? We Look at the Numbers.
Students who participate in our KEY Careers program
demonstrate a fall-to-fall retention rate 6 percentage points higher than those who don't (87 percent vs. 81 percent).
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a publication of the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics that includes information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and education, earnings and job outlook for hundreds of different occupations in the United States.
- O*NET OnLine – O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and Human Resource professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- Indiana INTERNnet – Indiana INTERNnet is a free internship-matching program managed by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce linking employers, students, high schools, colleges and universities. It is a dynamic, searchable database, matching and reporting system coupled with personal assistance-including a hotline to answer questions and provide internship guidance and resource materials.
- Idealist – Idealist is an online resource for the nonprofit sector, with information provided by 100,000 organizations around the world and 100,000 unique site visitors every day.
- Vault – Vault is a 24-7 online reference that students can use to get help with their entire job or internship placement, admissions, and career preparation needs whenever and wherever they want. The source includes extensive industry rankings as well as in-depth company profiles.