The Office of Community Engagement serves as a bridge between the university and Muncie, Delaware County, and East Central Indiana. We seek the most effective ways to advance community priorities through authentic partnerships; sustain integration of engagement across teaching, research, and service; and fulfill the university’s strategic commitments:
- Our faculty, staff, and students partner with the Muncie Community Schools to improve academic outcomes and the operational performance of MCS, while enhancing the learning experiences of our students.
- We actively engage with community leaders to develop and implement a coordinated plan that promotes talent retention and attraction in order to foster economic growth.
- The amenities and vibrancy of The Village and surrounding neighborhoods are attractive to students, faculty, staff, and community members as a result of the implementation of a long-term, phased plan to enhance quality of place.
- We collaborate with external partners to implement a regional plan to improve population health and wellbeing.
- Our community members attend and enjoy athletic, theatre, dance, music, and other arts and entertainment events at venues on campus and throughout our region.
- Our innovative and robust educational offerings and delivery methods—including baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate micro-credentials, short-term learning modules, professional licensure workshops, and enrichment opportunities—accelerate career fulfillment and enhance personal development and wellbeing.
- We recognize and reward faculty and staff who connect their scholarship with the vibrancy of the city of Muncie and East Central Indiana in ways that can be replicated in communities around the world.
We regularly convene and collaborate with other community-engaged units on campus:
The results? More engaged faculty and students, greater prosperity and well-being for residents, businesses, and organizations, and improved quality of life for all.
Curious about what the Ball State Office of Community Engagement was up to last year? We're pleased to share our 2018-2019 Annual Report (pdf).
Meet our Team
Inclusive Excellence Statement:
The Office of Community Engagement is committed to fostering an environment that values the intrinsic worth of all members of the Ball State community and those we serve. We will strive to accomplish our inclusive excellence goals by engaging our colleagues and community partners to fulfill the University’s mission and enduring values of excellence, innovation, courage, integrity, inclusiveness, social responsibility, and gratitude.