Student Emergency Aid 

Unanticipated and emergency circumstances happen. A loss in family income, an accident, or illness can create a financial emergency for students that impacts their ability to continue their education and achieve academic success. Ball State has two emergency funding options available to students to help students navigate those significant and unexpected challenges.

Jack Beyerl Emergency Aid Grant

Ball State students who are experiencing financial crisis may be eligible for a one-time grant from the Jack Beyerl Emergency Aid Fund.

Learn More and Apply

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is committed to providing exceptional service to students and their families who apply for financial aid. You can speak with a staff member about your financial aid package. If you or your family’s financial situation has been significantly impacted by death, divorce, separation, loss of untaxed income, or excessive medical or dental expenses not covered by insurance, or you are facing hardship, you can contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. They can help you examine your financial aid options during this uncertain time. 

Federal Work-Study and Student Employment

Federal Work-Study provides students with part-time employment during the school year, both on and off campus. The program is based on a student’s financial need, among other qualifications. Visit the Office of Financial Aid and scholarships to learn more about Federal Work-Study.

The Career Center has the tools and resources to help you find a job on and off campus. Search available on campus job opportunities at Cardinal Career Link

Additional State Resources

The Governor’s Workforce Cabinet has created a resource website, Your Next Step: Indiana’s Hub for Rapid Recovery, to assist Hoosiers in finding a job, learning new skills, furthering their education, or securing emergency aid.

This hub provides information to:

  • receive help with unemployment insurance
  • access healthcare
  • find childcare
  • secure food assistance
  • explore housing support

If you are a student who has lost employment, please visit Indiana Unemployment to learn more about unemployment benefits and apply for unemployment.

For state and community utility assistance programs please visit and Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority.

For foster students, the Indiana Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program is a federally funding, state-administered program that provides financial and academic support for young adults who’ve left the foster care system and are enrolled in qualified colleges, universities, or vocational educational programs.  To learn more and apply for ETV, visit Indiana ETV