The Division of Marketing and Communications is here to tell the Ball State story. Whether it’s through brochures and other printed publications, direct mail, email marketing, media relations, mobile apps, paid advertising, promotional videos, social media, TV and digital ads, websites, or other means, the consistent application of strategies to promote and protect Ball State’s brand is vitally important.
To ensure that Ball State properly communicates with a consistent voice, the division will coordinate all marketing and communications.
Externally, this includes:
- advertising (including traditional media channels such as billboard, digital, magazine, newspaper, radio, TV, etc., and marketing and communications that use new media channels including commercial or promotional email, product placement, websites, and other activities)
- logos and unit branding (identity)
- market research
- media relations (dealing with and distributing crisis communications, faculty expert databases, media interviews, news releases, story pitches, and all other related activities)
- message development and management
- official institutional social media accounts
- primary Ball State website and any websites representing Ball State
- promotional videos
- publications, including electronic and print