Booting a Vehicle
A vehicle will be booted if it has accumulated five or more outstanding parking citations.
In addition to the fines, there is a $30 fee for the removal of the boot. (Exception: Motorcycles and vehicles that cannot be booted will be towed at the owner or operator's expense.)
All citations and the boot fee must be paid within eight hours from the time that the boot is placed on the vehicle. If the citations are not paid, the vehicle will be towed at the owner or operator's expense. Parking fines, towing, and storage charges must be paid before an impounded vehicle can be released.
Parking Services will not accept a check for over $100 for a vehicle that has been booted or towed for unpaid citations.
- money order
Towing a Vehicle
A vehicle will be cited for improper parking and towed without warning at the owner or operator's expense if the vehicle:
- has been booted and payment is not received within eight hours
- is not displaying a current license plate
- is parked on campus when the permit has been revoked
- is displaying a stolen parking permit
- is determined to be abandoned or stored on university owned or controlled property
- is illegally parked in a Disabled Driver or Special 97 space
- is blocking a dumpster, stairway, other vehicles, etc.
Questions or Concerns?
Not finding what you’re looking for or have a concern? Fill out our online form, and we will get back to you. Or if you’d rather speak to someone directly, call or email us.
Send Question or Comment Contact Us