We are a supportive, engaged community that has nurtured accounting leaders for more than 50 years, and the world has taken notice. Our rankings and achievements reflect our commitment to real-world learning, leading curriculum, and lasting professional connections that prepare our students to succeed.
- More than 95 percent of our graduates secure jobs immediately after graduation.
- Ball State accounting is among only 180 programs across the globe to achieve special accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, also known as AACSB International.
- Our bachelor’s program ranks 25th among midsized programs and 19th in the Midwest; the master’s program ranks 18th among midsized programs and 15th in the Midwest.
- Faculty members publish leading articles in dozens of publications, including the most highly regarded accounting journal, The Accounting Review, and establish global connections that enhance our programs and reputation for excellence.
- Our student chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, national scholastic and professional fraternity for financial information students, has been recognized as a superior chapter for more than 25 years.
Celebrating Our New Name
Nothing is as telling about who we are than the 2017 naming of the department, as the Paul W. Parkison Department of Accounting, in honor of our founder. Hundreds of students, faculty, alumni, and friends gave what they could to surpass the $3 million campaign goal.
Together, their investment supports deserving students and critical initiatives to advance the department’s reach and reputation. The campaign:
- Established a new master’s degree to guide future accounting educators. This positions us as a leader in the effort to alleviate the critical shortage of accounting professors.
- Created a full-time Executive in Residence to provide deserving students with a direct connection to current practice and trends. This faculty member leverages his or her industry connections to ensure the department maintains relevant curriculum and continues to foster partnerships and internships with top firms.
Explore Our Programs
Get Involved with Students and the Department
- Get involved in activities and programs for alumni and friends, from networking events to advisory boards.
- Nominate alumni or active industry partners for one of our prestigious alumni awards.
- Support the Miller College of Business. Give.