Our innovative, hands-on, and personalized program is designed to develop talented graduates who are engaged, well-rounded, problem solvers, and critical and creative thinkers with the management and leadership expertise needed for building and sustaining successful, vibrant, diverse, and inclusive organizations and communities.
The curriculum emphasizes the development of both critical “soft skills” and foundational business knowledge and skills.
- Students develop important “soft skills” competencies such as self-awareness, change management, managing with emotional intelligence, problem solving, decision making, team building, motivation, influence, managing diversity and inclusion, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Student also gain core business skills in accounting, finance, economics, computer information systems, and economics necessary to understand the functioning of organizations.
- Unique in its emphasis on self-assessments, leadership styles, personal reflections, individual goal setting, immersive experiences, and a variety of leadership development tools to help students develop the knowledge, skills, experience, and abilities they need for success as students and postsecondary success as leaders and managers in a wide variety of industries.
- Provides students with access to alumni and industry leaders from a variety of sectors, connecting them to professional networks and career opportunities.
- The only on-campus undergraduate leadership degree in the state of Indiana awarded by a college of business accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) - earned by less than five percent of the world’s business schools and considered the highest standard.
- Research by Harvard University, the Carnegie Foundation, and Stanford Research Center concluded that 80-85% of job success is attributed to having well-developed “soft skills”.
- According to LinkedIn’s Global Talent Trends report, 89% of talent acquisition professionals reported that when a new hire doesn’t work out, it is because they lack critical soft skills.
- Burning Glass analyzed millions of U.S. job postings and found that one in three skills requested in job postings is a soft skill even in highly technical career areas.
- 77% of organizations report they are currently experiencing a leadership gap. Less than 20% of organizations have a bench of capable leaders ready to fill critical roles.
Take the Next Step
If you’d like to learn more about our management and leadership bachelor's degree, complete our online form. Or one of the best ways to get a true feel for Ball State is to see it for yourself, so schedule a visit today! And if you’re ready to apply, review our admission requirements and complete our online application.