Audio and Digital Systems Engineer
After graduating with an undergraduate degree in music engineering technology and a master of music degree from Ball State University, Jeff worked as a freelance engineer at Gaither Studios, Alexandra, IN. Jeff returned to Ball State to work as the audio/digital system's engineer for the School of Music. He worked closely with architects, administration, faculty, and audio integrators in the facility design, equipment choice, and system integration of Ball State's eleven studios for music technology in the new Music Instruction Building. Currently, Jeff teaches recording techniques, analog electronics, and studio maintenance as part of Ball State's undergraduate music technology curriculum. In between his system engineering and teaching responsibilities, Jeff engineers a few independent recording projects a year.
Recent projects include:
Summer 2010: Dialog, Sound Design, Re-Recording Mixer for full length Documentary, Changing Gears (produced by Ball State University).
- Spring 2010: Sound Design, Re-Recording Mixer, Foley Artist/Recordist for independent film, My Bloody Wedding (produced by Clothespin Films).
- Fall 2009: Dialog, Sound, Foley Editor, Re-Recording Mixer, Foley Artist/Recordist, Music Editor for independent film, My Name Is Jerry (produced by Clothespin Films and Ball State University.
- Summer 2009: Narration Recordist for independent film, Alpha and the Mega (produced by Clothespin Films).
- Summer 2009: Record, Edit and Mastering Engineer for album, Silvered Lute, Mei Zhong, North Pacific Music.
- Spring 2009: Record, Edit and Mastering Engineer for album, Traditional and Modern Chinese Art Songs, Mei Zhong, Leyerle Publications.
- Spring 2009: Recording Assistant for album, Jackie Allen, Live with the Muncie Symphony Orchestra. Avant Bass.
As a professional french horn player, Jeff has performed with Anderson Symphony Orchestra, Kokomo Symphony Orchestra, Manchester Symphony Orchestra, Marion Symphony Orchestra, Muncie Symphony Orchestra, and America's Hometown Band.
Personal Web site