The minor in music history requires 24 credit hours in music history, music theory, and other fine arts, foreign language, and history classes.
This minor is open only to music majors.
Some Courses You May Take
- MUHI 435 Baroque Era (2 credits)
- MUHI 436 Music in the Classical Era (2 credits)
- MUHI 437 Romantic Era (2 credits)
- MUHI 438 Opera History: 1780-1980 (2 credits)
- MUHI 105 Music and Pop Culture in America (3 credits)
- MUHI 491 Independent Study (1-3 credits)
For a full list of required courses, visit the course catalog.
View Catalog Music Undergraduate Handbook (PDF)
All students pursuing a music minor need to attend weekly recitals and 20 music concert events throughout the program.
Minor students are also expected to perform and participate in School of Music ensembles.
Are You Ready to Enroll?
Admission to all minor programs is based on an audition in applied music and a music theory exam. For some minors, an evaluation of piano skills is also needed. Auditions are scheduled on an individual basis and typically occur at the end of each semester. To begin the enrollment process and schedule an audition, please contact Lori Smith in the Office of Undergraduate Programs in Music.