This award recognizes an outstanding graduating senior who has exhibited an exceptional commitment to community service as a volunteer during their undergraduate years at Ball State University.
The applicant must be graduating with an undergraduate degree during the current academic year.
A fully completed application must be received by the deadline in order to be considered.
Selection Criteria and Process
A selection committee comprised of representatives from the Muncie community, Ball State faculty, staff, and students will review application materials, select and interview finalists and determine the awardee.
Applications will be judged on the basis of the applicant’s:
- impact through service on the population served
- demonstration on an authentic and sustained commitment to service
- service summary and statement effectively communicate and support the overall application
- interview with a committee of Ball State and community non-profit representatives
- two references that assess the applicant's reliability, initiative, and team building among other categories
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a completed application, via Benny Link, which includes a
- application form
- personal statement
- service summary form
- two reference forms
Applicants can call 765-285-2621 or email us with any questions.