Serious water damage can occur from a number of sources: broken pipes, clogged drains, damaged skylights or windows, or construction errors.

If a water leak occurs:

  1. Call Work Control at 765-285-5081 or University Police at 765-285-1111 immediately. Report the exact location and severity of the leak.
  2. If there are electrical appliances or outlets near the leak, use extreme caution. If there is any possible danger, evacuate the area.
  3. If you know the source of the water and are confident of your ability to stop it (i.e., unclog the drain, turn off the water, etc.), do so.
  4. Be prepared to assist as directed in protecting objects that are in jeopardy. Take only essential steps to avoid or reduce immediate water damage, such as covering objects with plastic sheeting or moving small or light objects out of danger.