Departmental permits are available to Ball State University departments. The number of permits assigned to each department for short-term parking, errands, and deliveries away from your normal work area.
They are not to be used for parking outside your building. Departmental permits are not intended for long-term parking needs, nor are they to be issued to specific people—they are to be shared by the entire office.
The number of permits a department receives is based on the number of employees it has.
Departmental permits may be used by any faculty, staff, and students employed by the department.
How to Display
The person using the permit must display their current faculty/staff or student permit. The departmental permit should be displayed on the front windshield just above the window sticker.
- regular spaces in yellow faculty/staff lots
- green commuter lots
- metered spaces (without having to pay)
Departmental permits do not allow parking in:
- red restricted lots
- blue housing lots
- disabled driver spaces
- Special 97 spaces
- any restricted area
- fire lanes, driveways, and "No Parking" areas
- service vehicle spaces
- loading docks past the 20-minute time limit
Users or departments found misusing the permit will be subject to a progressive disciplinary process.
- The first violation will be a warning.
- The second violation will be a department fine and an Improper Registration citation to the user.
- The third violation will be revocation of the privilege of having a departmental permit as well as possible revocation of the user’s parking privileges.
How to Request a Permit
Departmental permits may be requested by the dean, director, or chair of the department.
For more information on requesting a departmental permit, call 765-285-1208.