- Delivery: On campus
- Credits: 120
The global workforce needs professionals with an intimate understanding of people, places, cultures, and landscapes—everything that links human beings with their environments.
Our Tourism and Human Geography program will prepare you to meet this demand, while giving you a chance to see the world for yourself.
The Tourism and Human Geography option requires a minimum of 45 credits on top of the University Core Curriculum. You will take core courses for all Geography and Meteorology majors and several that are unique to your concentration.
Total to Graduate: 120
- Core Major Courses: 15
- Concentration Courses: 30
- University Core Courses and Electives: 75
The core classes for all geography students cover topics such as Global Geography, Maps and Spatial Reasoning, and Introduction to Geographic Information Systems.
A few of the concentration classes offered include:
- GEOG 261: Introduction to Sustainable Tourism
- GEOG 270: Geography of International Conflict
- GEOG 321: Urban Geography
- GEOG 360: Tours and Meetings Management
- GEOG 423: Population Geography
- GEOG 460: Travel and Tourism Consulting
- GEOG 491: Sustainable Tourism Development
For a complete list of all courses and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.