The public health minor includes courses in public health, health science, and community health. This minor is not available to students pursuing a major in health education and promotion.
This minor works well with majors in:
- Natural Resources
- Exercise Science
What You Will Learn
Our minor in public health provides students with a general overview of wellness and illness topics across a wide demographic. You will learn the basics of:
- community health and health education
- health care systems
- environmental health
If you want to learn more about this minor, contact Primary Department Advisor Madilyn Williams.
Total Credits: 18
A few of the classes you will take include:
- HSC 180 Principles of Community Health
- HSC 200 Intro to Health Education & Promotion
- HSC 310 Healthcare Systems
- HSC 387 Quantitative Methods and Epidemiology
- HSC 482 Environmental Health
For a complete list of all the courses you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.
Enroll in this Minor
Any Ball State student can declare this minor by visiting their academic advisor.