Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
All of your application materials need to be received two weeks prior to the start of the semester you wish to begin. Our semester start dates can be found in Ball State’s academic calendar.
An application and all required materials must be received by the application deadline. Receipt of applications for admission and required materials after the deadline does not guarantee review. International applicants must adhere to the requirements and deadlines outlined by International Admissions.
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You will need to upload the following materials to your online application to Ball State.
- a statement of purpose or letter of intent (why do you want to seek a master’s degree)
- two letters of recommendation
- resume or curriculum vitae
- proof of current registration from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (NOTE: If you previously attended Ball State, you do not need to submit those Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fees (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- previous Ball State student (enrolled after high school)
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
- attendee of an information session
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application.