Everything we do is focused on you. Through our daily service in dining locations and catering services, we want to make sure your needs are met and invite you to contact us when they need improvement. We want your dining experiences to be exceptional and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission & Values
Refillable University Dining mugs and tumblers are great for the environment & are available across campus at most dining locations. We donate about 28,000 reusable bags annually.
We are committed to being a key partner in the university’s sustainability goals. This includes a focus on our regular operations, participation with Business and Auxiliary Services in the Council on the Environment, and educating our campus community on ways they can help.
There are a variety of ways we practice sustainability—here are a few of our favorites to share.
- Oil from fryers is recycled: Nearly 92,000 lbs annually
- Approx. 28,000 lbs of wholesome leftovers donated to local food banks last year
(Adherent to proper temperature, time frame, & permission, in accordance with Indiana State Health Code)
- Food Options
- Recognizing the benefits of meat-free or -reduced diets on the environment, offer daily vegan & vegetarian options on campus
- Food Preparation & Service
- Use round-the-clock, automatic temperature monitoring system for cold storage—SmartTemps®
- Paper Goods & Packaging
- Campaigns encouraging those on campus to use fewer disposable items
- Purchase Eco-friendly recycled food containers for to go orders &, if possible, use china & flatware
- 100% of coffee is locally roasted & organic from Indy’s own Hubbard & Craven’s*
Source an assortment of bread, cheese, fresh beef, fresh pork, & milk from farms & companies across the state
- Cleaning & Chemicals
- Use eco-friendly chemicals & cleaning methods: Reduced custodial products from 155 to 68
- Maintenance & Repair
- Preventative maintenance program reduces facility equipment breakdowns & outages, increasing efficiency
- Buy energy efficient & Energy Star rated equipment when feasible: Dining Services has made conscious efforts to identify, research, & decide on processes for new North Dining facility that directly impact this effort
- Waste Collection
- Collaborate with Muncie Sanitary District for a variance to reduce the frequency of grease trap pumping at multiple locations
- Customer Awareness
- Continue tradition of “Dinner in the Dark”: An energy conservation awareness event takes place twice a year & partners with student body & Student Government Association
(*except that which is served in Starbucks)