An application and all required application materials must be received two weeks prior to the start of classes for a given term in order to be considered for admission to Ball State. Our semester start dates can be found in Ball State’s academic calendar.
Please plan for at least 3-4 weeks for staff from your previous institution(s) to send official transcripts to Ball State. We will review your application as soon as we receive all of your application materials.
How to Apply
Admission to the early childhood program is a three-step process:
- Meet the admission requirements for the Department of Elementary Education. Those requirements are:
- An associate degree in early childhood education (including a practicum) or at least 45 credits that apply toward our early childhood education degree (approved by the program coordinator). Both must be from an accredited college or university.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher of transferable credit
- Arrange for your sealed, official transcripts from all institutions of higher education you previously attended, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Ball State Undergraduate Admissions
Muncie, IN 47306
- Apply and pay the $60 nonrefundable application fee with a major credit card. Payment is made through our online application.
Start Your Application
Admission to Ball State is selective, and we carefully evaluate all applications on an individual basis. Applying for admission is easy. Use our convenient and secure online application.
After You Apply
Log in to your Applicant Status Portal below to submit additional materials and check your application status. You will find the status to both your admission to Ball State University and the program through this portal.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our staff, who are here to help you through this process.