If you’re an elementary school or early childhood educator, you may be aware of the significant need for master teachers who can mentor early childhood professionals.
Ball State can provide you with the skills and strategies to be a mentor-teacher with its master teacher certificate.
With this certificate, you’ll learn to:
- Apply research-based early childhood education skills in the area of child development that will elevate teaching practices
- Apply effective teaching strategies and practices to promote positive outcomes for young children and families
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of cultural responsiveness in interactions with early childhood professionals, children, families, and community partners
- Apply a variety of perspectives that are knowledgeable, reflective, and critical to promote professional growth, social change in the classroom and in the field of early childhood education.
This certificate is taught by faculty who teach in Ball State Teachers College, one of the most comprehensive and renowned colleges of education in the country.
The program consists of 15 credits of course work aligned to the Indiana Professional Development Network’s Core Knowledge and Competency document. The five courses are the beginnings of a master's in elementary education (MAE) with an early childhood concentration, which requires just five more courses to complete.
Director of Graduate Programs
- ECYF 640: Early Childhood Education (3 credits)
- EDEL 644: Education in a Diverse Society (3 credits)
- ECYF 651: Educational Programs for Young Children (3 credits)
- ECYF 653: Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood (3 credits)
- ECYF 672: Mentoring Early Childhood Professionals (3 credits)
For a complete list of program requirements and courses, see the course catalog.
Completion of this certificate does not lead to initial licensure.
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Are you interested in our program? Then it’s time to apply!
Want to Learn More?
Do you have questions about this program or online learning? We’re here to help! You may request more information using our online form, or feel free to reach out directly to one of our staff.
Request Info Contact Us