In accordance with state and local guidelines, Ball State University will hold a series of smaller, outdoor Commencement ceremonies for all members of the Class of 2020 and for our Spring 2021 graduates. All ceremonies will be held outdoors at Scheumann Stadium, rain or shine. These ceremonies have been organized by college to allow us to abide by necessary physical distancing.
The order of ceremonies will be as follows:
Spring 2021 Graduates
Friday, May 7 (Doctoral, Specialist, and Master’s candidates)
Saturday, May 8 (Bachelor’s and Associate candidates)
- R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning; College of Communication, Information, and Media; Teachers College, 8 a.m.
- Miller College of Business, Noon
- College of Fine Arts and College of Health, 4 p.m.
- College of Sciences and Humanities, 8 p.m.
Class of 2020 Graduates — Saturday, May 15
Dedicated ceremonies for all May, July, and December 2020 graduates
- R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning; College of Sciences and Humanities; Teachers College, 8 a.m.
- Miller College of Business; College of Communication, Information, and Media; College of Fine Arts; College of Health, Noon
Graduates who wish to participate in Commencement must register on the Ball State Commencement website on or before March 29. Each graduate who registers will receive four complimentary guest tickets (no exceptions can be made for additional tickets). All ceremonies will be livestreamed and available on the Commencement website. All graduates and attendees of our Spring Commencement exercises will be required to wear masks.