Requirements for professional licensure in fields such as nursing, education, and other fields vary from state to state. If you plan to work outside of Indiana and before starting any academic program that leads to licensure, we recommend that you seek guidance from the licensing agency within that state to make sure the program you are considering will meet licensing requirements.

We encourage you to make sure that any Ball State degree you earn will meet the requirements for licensure within the state in which you will work before you start one of our programs. To help you get started, here is a list of professional licensure contacts related to online or distance programs offered by Ball State.

professional licensure contacts

Field of Study

Licensing Organization and Link to State Information

Applied Behavior Analysis Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
Nursing National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
Speech-Language Pathology American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
School Psychology National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
Teacher Education U.S. Department of Education's list of state contacts