Ball State opened in 1918 to train teachers. Since then, the university has grown into a comprehensive university, with Teachers College continuing to fulfill that original objective.
Our mission is to prepare tomorrow’s teachers and enhance the skills of current educators. But we also take seriously our critical role in research that will advance the education field.
Learn how outreach opportunities provide learning experiences for students and essential services for the community. Learn more.
We take seriously our responsibility to prepare professionals who recognize, reflect and embrace diversity. Learn more.
Review reports related to the Teachers College accreditation through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Find reports.
You can’t get better if you don’t know how you’re doing. Check out the EPP assessment data page to see how we track performance. Review data.
Read Teachers College’s academic journal The Teacher Educator, an international forum for educators who challenge boundaries. Read more.
Teachers College Alumni Council
- Rex Bolinger - 1973 BS (COH), 1990 EdS (TC), 1992 EdD (TC)
- Tevin Byers - 2017 MA (TC)
- Paula Carter - 1964 BS (CSH), 1969 MA (CSH), 1975 EdD (TC)
- Ermalene Faulkner - 1971 BS (TC), 1974 MAE (TC)
- Allynn Powell - 2010 MA (TC)
- Victor Powell - 2009 MAE (TC)
- Keith Robinson - 1995 BS (CSH)
- Lynne Weisenbach - 1978 MAE (TC), 1988 EdD (TC)
- Anthony Williams - 2006 BS (TC), 2012 MAE (TC)
Check out the latest edition of the Teachers College e-newsletter, published three times a year.
Feel free to contact us. And if you have had an opportunity to interact with the dean’s office, tell us how we’re doing. Contact us.