Applicants who apply for an initial license or a renewal of any license in Indiana must have successfully completed training in and hold valid certification in each of the following procedures:

  • cardiopulmonary resuscitation that includes a test demonstration on a mannequin
  • removing a foreign body causing an obstruction in an airway
  • the Heimlich maneuver
  • use of an automated external defibrillators (AED)

By definition, “license” includes both licenses and permits issued by the Office of Educator Effectiveness and Licensing. 

Teaching Licenses that Require CPR, Heimlich, and AED Certification

Applicants for the following licenses will be required to provide proof of valid certification:

  • Initial Practitioner Administration License
  • Initial Practitioner Instructional License
  • Initial Practitioner School Services License
  • Original Workplace Specialist License
  • Original Emergency Permit
  • Original Transition-to-Teaching Permit
  • Original Reciprocal Permit
  • Renewal of any existing license including Emergency Permits and Workplace Specialist license
  • Original Proficient Practitioner Instructional License
  • Original Proficient Practitioner Administrative License
  • Original Proficient Practitioner School Services License
  • Conversion to an Accomplished Practitioner License