Professor of Mathematical Sciences and Director of the Data Science and Analytics Programs
B.S. in Statistics, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1994
M.S. in Statistics, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, 1996
M.A. in Statistics, Ball State University, Indiana, 2001
Ph.D. in Biostatistics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005
- Methods and principles of Statistics and Biostatistics
- Statistical Learning and Predictive modeling
- Statistical Computing in Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- Linear and generalized linear modeling
- Time dependent and longitudinal data analysis
- Multivariate techniques
- Survival Analysis
- Bayesian methods and hierarchical modeling
- Hossain,S., Lazar, D., Begum, M.(2021). Ordinal Statistical Models of Physical Activity
Levels from Accelerometer Data. International Journal of Exercise Science, Vol 14(7),
- Parh M. Yasin, Begum M., Harber M., Finch H. et al. (2020). Subgroup Identification for
Differential Cardio-respiratory Fitness Effect on Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors: A
Model-based Recursive Partitioning Approach. Journal of Statistical Research, Vol 54(2),
- Lazar, D., Begum, M.(2020). Generalized Linear Modeling of a Panel Mobility Index with
Correlated Multivariate, Categorical Responses. Journal of Statistical Research, Vol 54(2),
- Lazar, D., Begum, M., Murshed, M., Nelson M., Bock, J., Imboden, M., Kaminsky, L.,
Montonye, A. (2020). Statistical Learning Methods to Predict Activity Intensity from
Body-Worn Accelerometers. Journal of Biomedical Analytics, Vol 3(1), 27-50.
- Ethan S Pickerill, Rebecca P Kurtz, Aaron Tharp, Paula Guerrero Sanz, Munni Begum, and
Douglas A. Bernstein. Pseudouridine synthase 7 impacts Candida albicans rRNA processing
and morphological plasticity. Yeast. 2019; 1–9.
- Moreshed Alam, Naim Al Mahi, and Munni Begum (2018). Zero-Inflated Models for
RNA-Seq Count Data. Journal of Biomedical Analytics. Vol 1(2) pp 55-70.
- Md Nazir Uddin and Munni Begum (2018). A Generalized Linear Model for Multivariate
Correlated Binary Response Data on Mobility Index Journal of Statistical Research.
Vol(52)(1) pp 61-73.
- Tasnia Ahmed and Munni Begum (2018). Association between Gene Expression, Clinical
Factors and Survival in Patients with Breast Cancer. Journal of Biomedical Analytics. Vol
1(1) pp 1-14.
- Farhin Rahman and Munni Begum (2017). Survival Analysis of Recurrent Events on
Prostate Cancer : Facts from Cancer Genome. Journal of Statistical Research. Vol(51)(2)
- Alexander H.K. Montoye, Munni Begum, Zachary Henning, and Karin A. Pfeiffer (2017).
Comparison of linear and non-linear models for predicting energy expenditure from raw
accelerometer data. Physiological Measurement. Vol 38(2).