The Welcome Home Suite emphasizes interprofessional education by simulating in-hospital and at-home patient care for a variety of health disciplines.
The suite is set up like a home environment and includes:
- bathrooms (standard and ADA compliant)
- living room
- telehealth machine that provides students an opportunity to learn about this method of health delivery
- two bedrooms set up like hospice or home healthcare with a simulation manikin for scenarios
- two kitchens that can be used for cooking classes, educating dietetics students, or working directly with live clients with various nutrition or swallowing issues
- video recording and playback capabilities from a control booth in-between the bedrooms. One-way glass is available for facilitators to remain out of view during simulation experiences.
The suite is also available for a variety of community-focused wellness workshops and classes.
Faculty and Staff
Clinical Lab Specialist:
Director of Nursing Simulation and Information Technology Center (NSITC):
Director of Clinical Simulation, College of Health:
Information Technology Specialist: