- Delivery - on campus with many online course options
- Credits - 50-58
The concentration in computational data analytics is at the confluence of mathematical science and computer science. You will gain a solid foundation in mathematics, statistical thinking, and technical computing essential for pursuing a career as a data analyst, data engineer, or data scientist. The required courses in advanced mathematics, probability and statistical inference, and electives in computing and statistical modeling are indispensable for acquiring skillsets in big data analysis.
Skillsets you will earn with this degree include:
- statistical and mathematical modeling
- data mining including classification, clustering, and machine learning
- survey design and sampling methods
- statistical programming
- computational risk analysis
- experimental designs for data collection
- software and programming techniques (Python, R, SAS, SQL)
Take the Next Step
If you’d like to learn more about our Computational Data Analytics Concentration, complete our online form. Or one of the best ways to get a true feel for Ball State is to see it for yourself, so schedule a visit today! And if you’re ready to apply, review our admission requirements and complete our online application.