- Delivery: on campus with many online course options
- Credits: 21
This concentration is one of four in our bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics.
The environmental systems analytics concentration will prepare graduates to work in the increasingly data-driven field of environmental management. Your core skills in data analytics and specialization in environmental systems will make you highly competitive in the job market.
Skillsets you will earn with this concentration include:
- Expertise in industry-leading software including ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience completing entire real-world projects from start to finish, including data acquisition and preparation, analysis, documentation, and reporting
- Writing scripts in the Python programming language to automate tasks
- Generating effective visualizations for geospatial data
- Creating online maps and data dashboards
- Experience applying environmental geospatial data such as satellite images, GPS, and large soil and water data sets
Potential Career Paths:
- GIS Specialist
- Environmental Planner
- Geospatial Developer
- Remote Sensing Engineer
Take the Next Step
If you’d like to learn more about this concentration, complete our online form. Or one of the best ways to get a true feel for Ball State is to see it for yourself, so schedule a visit today! And if you’re ready to apply, review our admission requirements and complete our online application.